Succession in family businesses
The succession process in a family business can not be limited to simple notarial and judicial activities. Recognizing the business model, values and ownership relationships, and integrating them with the personality of the successor and the new position of seniors, requires many years of active involvement of all participants. Understanding the varied nature of this process, its consequences for the future of business and the fate of proprietary families and the conditions for its effective implementation is the main goal of this Study module. Classes will focus on the following areas:
- introduction to the issues of family businesses and succession,
- analysis of the succession process as the most important stage in the life of family enterprises,
- transfer as an important element of the succession process,
- determinants of the succession process,
- models of the succession process,
- summing up the meetings will be succession workshops based on a team search for solutions for presented cases and an attempt to develop principles, the so-called constitution of the family business.